What is Circle of Security Parenting?
Circle of Security® Parenting™ is a parent-reflection program offering the core components of the evidence-based and internationally acclaimed COS protocol. This 4-Day training teaches professionals to use an eight-chapter DVD to educate parents and caregivers. The program presents video examples of secure and problematic parent/child interaction, healthy options in care giving, and animated graphics designed to clarify principles central to COS. Circle of Security Parenting implements decades of attachment research in an accessible step-by-step process for use in group settings, home visitation, or individual counseling.
Watch a sample of the DVD
Learning Objectives of the Training:
- Understand the theoretical foundation of the Circle of Security
- Shift caregiver focus from behavior management to enhancing the quality of relationship
- Understand specific steps to build self-reflection in caregivers
- Use video examples to support increased empathy in caregivers
- Identify new options to help caregivers manage emotions
- Learn step-by-step approaches for promoting secure attachment in children
Who Should Attend?
Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, Mental Health Counselors, Home Visitors, Family Support Workers, Outreach Workers, Behavior Support specialists, and anyone providing parenting education and/or counseling to parents of young children.
The Circle of Security Parenting DVD is an outstanding contribution and a “must see” for parents of young children. Focusing on how parent/child relationships can be strengthened, this unique approach teaches parents, and those helping them, new ways to understand children’s needs and behavior. It also offers effective ways to respond to these needs and behaviors. I have found it invaluable in my own work with parents of young children.
Charles H. Zeanah, M.D.
Tulane University School of Medicine
Editor, Handbook of Infant Mental Health